Prep 4 days worth of food in less then 1 hour!
I am writing this blog post in response to the number of people who wanted to learn more about a recent Instagram photo featured on this page
- Weight-loss and the development of lean muscle requires planning!
- Since more then 60% of your physical results have to do with nutrition, it is imperative that you learn to plan your meals ahead of time
- Why? Because when you are hungry, you are likely to eat the first foods available to you. Too often, this means eating too much of the right foods or just making poor eating decisions
How do you prevent over-eating the right foods or eating any amount of the wrong foods? It’s easy! Just follow my Sunday/Wednesday rituals:
1) Buy a crock-pot
Every Sunday and Wednesday, perform the following rituals:
- Purchase 2 lbs (women) or 3 lbs (men) fresh or frozen chicken breast or chicken breast tenders. If you purchase frozen, then allow chicken to thaw before following the next step
- Place raw chicken in your crock-pot. Add low-sodium chicken broth (1 cup for women and 1.5 cups for men)
- Add seasoning as desired. It is hard to screw this one up. My favorite combos include:
Black pepper and garlic powder
1 container of fresh Pico de Gallo
3-4+ servings of gluten-free teryaki sauce or low-sodium gluten-free soy sauce
2) Purchase 3 lbs of raw veggies
- Chop em and store them in separate containers in your fridge
- Enjoy 8 oz for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (women and men)
- Either roast them in a large Pyrex dish and enjoy them cold for a few days (re-heating makes them soggy) OR
- Steam for 3 minutes to enjoy them fresh and hot
- My favorite veggies include: asparagus, zucchini, Brussels, eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, green beans, bell pepper, and mini heirloom tomatoes
3) Hard-boil your eggs
- Place 12-24 eggs in a large saucepan and fill with warm water until the water-line reaches 1/2-1 inch above eggs
- Set on stove-top on high heat, reach a boil, and allow eggs to sit in boiling water for 20 minutes. Turn off range. Let em sit and cool for 2-6 hours
- Crack, de-shell, and store eggs in a tupperware container (For females: pack your lunch box with 4 egg whites or 3 whites and 1 whole. For males: pack your lunch box with 6 egg whites or 4 whites and 2 whole).
Stay Fit, stay happy, stay healthy, STAY PREPARED, and stay tuned for more tips on how to reach your weight-loss goals this spring!