Recipe: Chicken Salad with Peppers and Pine Nuts
I stay lean by maintaining a proper balance of nutrient-dense starch-free veggies, complete proteins, and healthy fats. This chicken salad recipe has all the nutrients you need to recover from a rough leg workout. Check it out and make sure to leave feedback if you like it!
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Bake Time: 14 Minutes at 400 degrees
- Makes: 8 Servings
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 2-2 1/2 lb roasted chicken (I suggest purchasing one that has already been prepared)
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 8 oz. arugula, baby spinach, or mixed greens
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Pull meat from the roasted chicken; discarding any skin and bones. Cut or shred into bite-sized pieces and place chicken in an extra large serving bowl.
- In a baking pan, combine garlic, sweet peppers, olives, and pine nuts. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and toss. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Add sweet pepper mixture to chicken mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- For dressing: Using a small glass bowl, whisk together the vinegar and 1/8 cup oil until combined. Pour dressing over chicken mixture, tossing gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stay Strong, Stay Healthy, and Stay Happy!