Recipe: Raw Vegan Curried Broccoli Salad
I’m no vegan, but my mother certainly is! This is one of my favorite recipes from her Vegan restaurant. It is packed full of nutrient-dense superfoods and tastes delicious day after day. I say that because this recipe makes a massive batch which can be enjoyed for 3-4 days or would be a great addition to any potluck or dinner party. Enjoy!
Step 1: Prepare all of the following ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- 24 Oz Broccoli Slaw (available at Trader Joe’s) OR 24 Oz finely chopped broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup finely diced red onion
- 3/4 Cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- 3/4-1 Cup jumbo black raisins (seedless)
- 1 1/2-2 Cups shredded carrots (available at Trader Joes)
Step 2: Make the dressing by combining the following ingredients in a vitamin or food processor and blending until smooth.
- 1 3/4 Cups soaked cashews, drained (I usually soak them in water for about an hour)
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice (a little extra doesn’t hurt)
- 2-3 Tbsp dijon mustard (I prefer Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce from Trader Joes)
- 2-4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tsp curry powder (Muchi curry, if possible)
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1/8 Tsp ground black pepper
Step 3: Start by adding 3/4 cup water to blender and add more as you need to create a creamy dressing. Do not exceed 1 1/3 cups.
Step 4: Mix dressing with veggies, refrigerate, and enjoy!